Terms and Conditions for bicycle and accessory rentals with CicloCuba
The client should know that:
- This is a bicycle & accessories rental only contract, not a contract of sale.
- The signatory of this contract agrees that the rental equipment described on the reverse of this document is and will remain under the ownership of CicloCuba.
- The signatory will inspect the rental equipment, find it to be in good conditions and promises to return the equipment in the same condition to CicloCuba upon conclusion of the established rental period.
- The signatory agrees:
a) To pay locally at CicloCuba in cash for confirmed services in freely convertible currency (USD, GBP, CAD, EUR) on picking up equipment. Conversions from USD to other currencies are per the mid-market xe.com rate at the time of payment.
b) To pay any outstanding fees that may arise in the event of late
equipment return. CicloCuba’s rental day is equivalent to 24 hours. Extension beyond that period will automatically result in the calculation of an additional rental day.
c) Refunds are not available for early returns.
d) Any damage or loss to rental equipment, is payable according to the public rates established at CicloCuba upon concluding the rental.
e) Not to loan bicycles or accessories to third parties not specified in this contract.
- CicloCuba will offer 1 helmet per bicycle rental.
- CicloCuba is not responsible for accidents or damage to equipment or
persons caused directly or indirectly during the rental period.
- CicloCuba does not offer technical assistance outside of their rental location once equipment has left their storefront.
- CicloCuba offers secure luggage storage service for bicycle rental
clients during their rental period for a fixed rate of $1.00 USD/day per
piece of luggage.
- Security Deposit: CicloCuba requires a security deposit of $200 USD/bicycle before equipment is entrusted to the client’s care.
- The security deposit may be paid via cash or (for advance bookings only) via a pre-authorization on the client’s credit card (to be processed 1-3 days in advance of the initiation of bicycle rental services in Canada by MacQueen’s Tours). If using a credit card for the pre-authorization, the same card submitted with your booking must be presented upon opening the rental contract as it must be verified by a CicloCuba representative.
- Providing the equipment is returned in the same condition in which it was rented:
a) Cash security deposits will be returned to the client upon completion of their rental.
b) Credit card pre-authorizations will automatically expire upon conclusion of the rental period.
- In the event bicycles or accessories are damaged, lost or returned after the pacted date/time, the client will be charged according to the established equipment/rental values at CicloCuba.
- Reservation cancellations must be registered via email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. CicloCuba only facilitates advance reservations for
rental periods of 3 or more consecutive days per bicycle. CicloCuba’s hours of operation for equipment pickup are from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm. Equipment returns are accepted on Sundays by advance appointment.
- Cancellations penalty credit card payments are converted from USD to CAD and processed by our partners at MacQueen’s Island Tours in CAD $ at the mid-market (xe.com) rate at the time of the transaction.
Reservation Cancellation Period for Individual Bookings (# days cancelled prior to service initiation)
14 or more
8 to 13
7 or fewer
Reservation Cancellation Period for Group Bookings (6 or more bicycles) (# days cancelled prior to service initiation)
30 or more
13 or fewer
Rental Periods/Unscheduled Returns
- CicloCuba works by advance appointment only. CicloCuba ceases operations at 5 pm and is closed on Sundays except for equipment returns confirmed in advance.
- CicloCuba’s 1-day rate is valid for use for 3 to 8 hours and equipment must be returned to CicloCuba before the close of their daily operations.
- For bicycles rented for 2 or more days, each rental day is calculated as equivalent to a 24-hour period.
Examples for calculating # of rental days:
- 3-hour rate: Equipment delivered Jul. 1 @ 09:00 / returned Jul. 1 @ 12:00
- 1-day rate: Equipment delivered Jul. 1 @ 09:00 / returned Jul. 1 @ 12:10 or anytime before Jul. 1 @ 17:00
- 2-day rate: Equipment delivered Jul. 1 @ 09:00 / returned Jul. 2 @ 09:00 or anytime before Jul. 2 @ 17:00
- In the event equipment is returned before the agreed-upon return date/time, refunds are unavailable for early returns.
- In the event equipment is returned after the pacted return date/time, late return penalties are as follows:
a) Authorized in advance by a CicloCuba representative – continuation of pro-rated invoiced rate
b) Not authorized in advance by a CicloCuba representative – 1-3 day rental rate to be applied for additional unauthorized rental days.
Insurance is not available for CicloCuba’s rental equipment. Bicycle rental clients are responsible for reimbursement for any damage or loss to rental equipment under their care upon concluding the rental, according to the public rates established at CicloCuba.
CicloCuba does not permit the loan of their bikes and accessories to third parties not specified in rental contracts.
CicloCuba is not responsible for accidents or damage to equipment or persons caused directly or indirectly during the rental period.
CicloCuba does not offer technical assistance outside of their rental location once equipment has left their storefront.